Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Weekly Email # 33 - Transfer Doctrine

Whelp. Totally didn't mean to send that empty email. Haha anyways!
How's everyone doing?

I found out that I'll be staying here in Mount Vernon for this next
transfer and Elder Isom will be leaving after being here for 6 months.
The other companionship in Mount Vernon is getting split up so there
is a couple changes going on right now. Elder Isom is a really good
guy! He just needs to get rid of his Ute pride and he'd be my favorite
companion :)

On a more serious side of things, I'm sure you all have heard about
the bombings in Belgium that happened yesterday. What a tragic event,
my thoughts and prayers are with those missionaries and others who
were injured by this incident.

Reflecting on these recent events leads me to a quote that I
absolutely love. Here you go.

   "True disciples represent the Lord when it may not be convenient to
do so. True disciples desire to inspire the hearts of men, not just
impress them." - Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer

The Work has been going great over here! We have Ashton's baptism this
Saturday all planned and ready to go. He was able to make it to Church
along with another investigator we have. Things are looking to be
really good these next few weeks! We have some very promising people
have been touched by the Book of Mormon.

The Book of Mormon has created a more spiritual fire in me. I read it
every day and the Spirit floods loads of information into my brain.
I'm just glad it stays there and doesn't leave haha.  We have been
visiting a few less actives this last week and it's so sad to see
that they once had a testimony of this Gospel and now it's faded and
they can't seem to bring it back. They have told us a ton of anti
Mormon stuff that they have been told by other people and now they
believe it. The Spirits no longer with them and it's hard to teach
them.

Nevertheless, we will keep trying to bring the Gospel back into their
lives.  This area is awesome and the members support us missionaries
so well.

Cool thing! If you go to the March Ensign you can find Elder
Christofferson's talk and about halfway through the talk, he starts
talking about the Amish Converts in Ohio. That's where I'm at! Back
when the Amish started converting a few years ago, they were visited
by Elder Christofferson and he's been close friends with them ever
since! Who knows, he might visit soon (Elder Galbraith crosses his
fingers).

Love you all! Hope you have a good week!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment