Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Weekly Email # 76 - Being God's Emissaries

Hello, hello!

Well I know I left you all hanging not knowing whether or not I got transferred. Transfer calls came towards the end of P-day and we found out that Elder Reynolds and I would be together for another transfer in the great New Albany Ward! We are excited to continue to build up this area and #baptizenations!

I look back to the recent Skype call that we had with our families. I remember telling my parents that I love rejection, because it makes me feel like we are doing something that is so true that others try to make it not. It helps me realize the importance of bearing a true message. We have to be ready to proclaim the gospel to anyone and defend its leaders and doctrines. Well I guess I must've called on increased opposition by talking about that with me mama and papa. Haha

Man! People can be very straightforward! And mean! And just plain rude! Don't worry, no wavering in the faith, but there is some of God's children that can REALLY make you mad. For example, we tried contacting a potential in an apartment complex and as we knock, their neighbors opened the door, heading out to go do their thing. We greeted them and asked if they had seen missionaries like us before. They immediately concluded that we were Satan worshippers and that they were going to curse us with a spell of the great almighty. Now frankly I was more weirded out than being ticked, but that wouldn't have bothered me that much if our potential investigator had opened the door and heard them say those very choice words. He basically believed what they said, and as we insisted that they were preaching false garbage, he disappointingly walked back into his apartment.

Fetch, right? I know this individual will continue to receive opportunities to learn and grow in the Gospel, but experiencing road blocks like that are always frustrating. It seems like every investigator we run into have gone through the ringer when it comes to finding out more about our church. The Internet and the media can't say one nice thing about Christ's restored church, but I can't be ignorant and say that this is not expected. If we are to expect miracles in our investigators and even in our own individual lives, there is a necessity of opposition. There's my soap box :)

Man, Church has become such a staple in my own Spirituality. Especially being in multiple Wards with amazing different teachers that really care for the people in their classrooms. It inspires me to be a better missionary/teacher as I continue on my own personal journey of becoming like the Master Teacher. I look back at the different parables that Jesus taught and I literally sit in amazement and say to myself, "Holy crap! How does Jesus teach the principles so simply??" I hope to one day be a fraction of a teacher that our Savior is.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! If you haven't yet, watch President Nelson's recent devotional to the young adults of the church! That was such a great talk and it was so great to see him literally pound the pulpit, because he was so passionate about the topic! Love you all!

Elder Galbraith

The Great OCM
"There is three ways in which the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. It is the keystone of our witness of Christ. It is the keystone of our doctrine. It is the keystone of our testimony." -Ezra Taft Benson

Pics
1. Making Buckeyes at the Davis' home!




2. Us returning back to the apartment after an awesome day at church! People just keep giving us gifts, its crazy!




3. Our New OSU hoodies! See mom? I do wear my glasses every now and then :)



4. Time Lapse of us making the buckeyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment