Thursday, August 10, 2017

Weekly Email # 105 - Practice Living It and You Get More From It

One last hello!

Well these past several days were a great way to end my last days of full time missionary service. They weren't perfect days, don't get me wrong, but they were satisfactory and have helped increase my testimony greatly!

We did different finding tactics, but sadly didn't see much fruit from it all. But I'm continuing to learn how to measure the true values of success and how to benefit even from the hardest of times. These are some questions I've asked myself that have helped me improve that I want to share quickly. And other thoughts too because "tangents" is my middle name, haha.

I wish I could send this to all the people I've met out here. If you are or are not on this email list, know that this is meant for you.

How much do I trust the Lord? And how much does He trust me?

Who you are becoming is way more important than what you have presently. Its vital to look toward the future with faith.

And last but not least, quote from President Uchtdorf that may seem kinda random but I have looked it up several times and find it relevant now. Says he :

"What is the most important calling in the Church? It is the one you currently have. No matter how humble or prominent it may seem to be, the calling you have right now is the one that will allow you not only to lift others but also to become the man of God you were created to be."

We all got a place to serve. We all have a place in the kingdom of heaven. We all have responsibilities and we all receive blessings from those callings. I'm grateful for the many things I've learned out here that will help me be better at these things.

Man, there's so much more I want to say. Let me sum it up in these two paragraphs.

First off, thank you. Thank you to everyone that has been involved in this mission experience of mine, whether by the simple ways through email or through the personal contacts made here in Columbus, Ohio. Each one of you continue to bless my life each and every way, and I'm so grateful for that. I will forever cherish this place and the people in it. I can't say its my favorite place in the world, but I've grown to love it. Its been a heck of a two years. I wouldn't have these experiences if it wasn't for the many people I have come to know as my own personal family. Thank you so much.

I know that this work is true. Its a divine work. Joseph Smith's own words have become embedded in my own personal testimony. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing." To everyone that's called in the work, don't let up. Keep doing your best. You all have been wonderful examples to me and push me to do better. My testimony is one of gratitude and I hope to reflect that into action for the rest of my life.

Again, thank you. I simply can't say it enough. Keep in contact, k?

Personal Email - connersg17@gmail.com
Social Media - @ConnerGalbraith

My homecoming details are on Facebook apparently (thanks mom!) If you can, I'd love to see you there this coming Sunday!

Love you all! Keep it real!

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"Don't just live it. Kill it." - Elder G


Pics!

1. These Ohio views! I'll miss them.



2. Death pic. Elder Anderson was pretty enthusiastic about killing me. Don't worry mom, its ketchup *insert non-existent ketchup emoji*



3. Serious pic with the District.



4. Love this District - Elder Brown, Me, Elder Anderson, Sister Horvath, Sister Thompson, Elder Thompson, Sister Jackson, Elder Rausch, Elder Cox, Elder Chavez
More pics!




5.  ZL exchange! Last exchange ever and I got to spend it with the one
and only Elder Brown!



6. The Stratfords. I can't get over how awesome they are.



7.  Exchanging back after interviews! Gotta drive the Jackson truck all
around Columbus traffic with Elder Weber! Not-so-fun times! Haha just
kidding!



8.  The Packs. One of the many cool families I got to meet out here.
Got to do my last service project with Don specifically.




No comments:

Post a Comment