Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 6 - First Temple Day!

Coming to you live from Downtown Columbus is Elder Galbraith. He has
the inside scoop on anything Mormon, Missionary Work, weird stuff, and
more!

"Elder, we hand it over to you. What's happening?"

"Thanks Jim! Now I don't know too much about downtown as this is the
second time I've ever been down here. But imagine have the size of
Salt Lake City and had a temple there that is shrunk to 1/10th of the
size of the Salt Lake Temple. That is not a false statement. Well it
could be but trust me, the Columbus temple is TINY!"

The experience and the endowment session were great! I've
only ever been in the Payson and Provo temple to do sessions and to do
it in a whole different state was awesome. It makes you appreciate the
large scale that the church is operating in, and how many lives it is
affecting.

Since we had our temple day today, they switched our p-day to today as
well. I've got to stop apologizing for my short emails. I want to be
able to write so much, and I only have a limited amount of time to do
so.

The scripture I wanted to share today is Mosiah 2:41.

In it, it says:

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed
and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For
behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual;
and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into
heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of
never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are
true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

It's such a unique promise that if we obey the commandments, we can
'dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.' As I've had the
privilege to study the scriptures for an hour each day, I have gained
a more personal testimony with the Book of Mormon. It gives us
personal revelation and it has helped me SO MUCH on my mission. It
helps me simplify what I say to investigators and it helps my
knowledge of the scriptures grow as well.

Yesterday I went on my first exchange with our District Leader, Elder
Brandt. If you didn't know, an exchange is when you switch companions
with another pair of missionaries for 24 hours. I joined Elder Brandt
in his area and it was so fun! It's interesting the way missionaries
have different ways of contacting and teaching lessons. Even though
they do teach the same principles, it comes out in different ways and
it was really cool to see that. Elder Brandt has been a huge example
to me ever since I got out in the field.

In our District Meetings, he takes charge and tries to teach us
something new and has a good time doing it. We had this particular
meeting yesterday, and we talked about obedience and following the
guidelines we are given as missionaries. Though they may be hard,
these rules and regulations are there to bless us, not restrict. You
can say the same thing about the Commandments and how if we follow
them, we can become happier people.

Love you all! Thank you so much for your individual support.

Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment