Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Weekly Email # 14 - End of Transfer # 2

Hey all!

I want share with you a very powerful testimony from President Monson.
I forget which talk he gave this in but it is so great I had to share
it.

      "My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and
honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with
gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven.

    As I close this morning, it is my prayer that in addition to all
else for which we are grateful, we may ever reflect our gratitude for
our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His glorious gospel provides
answers to life’s greatest questions: Where did we come from? Why are
we here? Where do our spirits go when we die? That gospel brings to
those who live in darkness the light of divine truth.

    He taught us how to pray. He taught us how to live. He taught us
how to die. His life is a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the
downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved.

    Ultimately, He stood alone. Some Apostles doubted; one betrayed
Him. The Roman soldiers pierced His side. The angry mob took His life.
There yet rings from Golgotha’s hill His compassionate words: “Father,
forgive them; for they know not what they do.”

    Who was this “man of sorrows, … acquainted with grief”? Who is
this King of glory, this Lord of lords? He is our Master. He is our
Savior. He is the Son of God. He is the Author of Our Salvation. He
beckons, “Follow me.” He instructs, “Go, and do thou likewise.” He
pleads, “Keep my commandments.”

    Let us follow Him. Let us emulate His example. Let us obey His
words. By so doing, we give to Him the divine gift of gratitude."

-President Thomas S. Monson

As I've looked back on these last 14 weeks, I'm grateful for all the experiences I've had, both good and bad. Now onto some of the many highlights! Time to catch up!



Elder Uchtdorf said something that stuck out to me in one of his talks.

"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed.
Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness."

When I read that it I realized how much it applied to me and my past life experiences.

Today, I find out if I'm getting transferred out of Canal Winchester.Personally, I want to stay. My companion is becoming a District Leader! That's crazy. He was hoping he would become junior companion haha but we both knew that wouldn't happen for a second. We are both thinking he will leave and I will stay here in Canal.

- UPDATE!!! 
 I will be getting transferred tomorrow. My companion is staying
here in Canal. I'm sad about leaving, but I'm excited to explore more
of Columbus! I've made a lot of friends here and I'm glad this was my
first area.


That reminds me, I'm officially done with training as of two days ago! I'm no longer a greenie! YES! I'm so pumped. No longer will missionaries look down on me as a newbie..

They'll just look down on me, that's all.   :)



We've been getting a few new investigators, it's just a matter of teaching them all the lessons and seeing that change of heart. I've been working really hard on using the scriptures more and building my testimony.

I need to start taking pictures of the unique places I go. One weird thing about Ohio is that people put Chili on top of spaghetti. Even though it's weird, I like it! 

I'll have to bring you and mom over here so we can explore everything. 




             Asian Chipotle....... Omgosh!

#MissionaryMomentOfTheDay





More pics with the Seagars! Can't get enough of them.




We got to go with Matt and Ashley Seagar for his first temple trip last Friday!
 Such an awesome experience and such an awesome couple.
 Shout out to them for dealing with 8 kids every day!


Us and the Seagar family! They are crazy, fun and energetic!
 Love them to death because they remind me of family back home.




This is Anita! She's been a member and hasn't gone to church in over 40 years. She's been through a lot and when we had our first lesson with her she was crying. It was a very spiritual experience. Good news though, she's been coming the last month and is taking the missionary lessons again! She's awesome!


As a mission, we are reading the Book of Mormon from cover to cover and we are supposed to be finished on Dec 22. This has been really great for me personally, because of my lack of scriptural knowledge. I stumbled on Alma 26 and there was a couple of really good scriptures that I love to death. Ammon has become one of my favorite heroes because he's so passionate and humble. 

Here are verses 11 and 12.

11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in
my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for
in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles
we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name
forever.

Another cool thing that's been happening in the mission is a mission wide photo sharing thing. We can post pictures to our Columbus, Ohio mission group and other missionaries can see them. It's awesome to be able to see how my MTC buds are doing in different parts of Columbus.

This last weekend, one of our former investigators, Benjamin, got baptized by some Sister missionaries in a nearby ward! He is from Liberia and had moved into Canal Winchester with his family. We found him and ended up teaching him 3 lessons before we lost contact with him. Then just a couple weeks ago, the sisters surprisingly found him in their Ward because he had moved back a while ago! We were invited to his baptism and got to share a wonderful experience with him. It's crazy how the Lord finds a way for these lost children to come unto Christ.






My testimony is strengthened day by day. I hope you all try and do that for yourselves as well. This is a glorious time that we live in.

Thanks for your positivity and your encouragement. The work continues!

Have the time of your life!

Elder Galbraith

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment