Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Weekly Email # 16 Thanksgiving Time!


Happy Holidays everyone! I think it finally hit me that it's getting colder and that means Christmas is just around the corner! But even before that, Thanksgiving!

Kind of a interesting story. On Saturday night, Elder Liu prayed during one of our studies that when we passed out our meal calendar on Sunday during church that someone would feed us for thanksgiving. When Sunday rolled around he made sure that we went to every quorum to hand
out our meal calendar. Haha he dragged me around for the most part. But for all that effort no one signed up for Thanksgiving.

And then this morning we got a call at 7:30 from an older lady in our Ward! She offered to feed us this Saturday a thanksgiving dinner because she will be out of town on Thursday. We graciously accepted and I think Liu jumped around for about 15 minutes in glee until he realized that his rice has been cooking for 7 minutes too long. Hahaha! I was laughing so hard. It's been a good P-Day so far :)

Speaking of Church on Sunday, guess what I did? Gave my first twenty minute talk, that's what! And might I say, I think it went pretty well. I didn't even use a computer to help me out! There was quite a
lot of people that told me how great of a talk it was. And also how humble I am!

I had my first Zone Conference this past weekend. Elder Cardon from the Seventy came and he gave an excellent couple of talks. Elder Cardon uses a variety of scriptures when he speaks and I'll share a
couple with you guys that I found very applicable to my life. He even used my mission scripture, D&C 42 : 6!

I was pretty proud.

D&C 88 : 84,85

84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be
perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last
time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law
and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of
judgment which is to come;

85 That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the desolation of
abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the
world to come. Verily, I say unto you, let those who are not the first
elders continue in the vineyard until the mouth of the Lord shall call
them, for their time is not yet come; their garments are not clean
from the blood of this generation.

2 Timothy 2:1-4

1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the
same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others
also.

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this
life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

I don't think I have mentioned this before but the week before I got
to Ohio, Elder Cook from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came to
speak to the mission. And EVERYONE was talking about it for weeks. Now
my friends from some other missions are getting the opportunity to
have Apostles over and I'm sitting here, listening to my Mission
President tell all of us, "that was a once in a lifetime opportunity."
:(

Did any of you who previously serve missions ever have a General
Authority come to your mission?

Love you all! Pictures to come!

P.S. - Just a reminder if you could send Elder Liu a Happy Thanksgiving email, I would very much appreciate it. He is my favorite companion by far and he truly tries to do his best 24/7. I think it would really help him to see people support him in his journey. Thank you! 


We burned Elder Liu's tie for his 6 month mark he hit a couple of weeks ago! Then there is Elder Anfinson, and Elder Eason, they both came out with me from the MTC. Cool dudes!





Brad and us. He is an investigator and is dating Sis. Staley from the pic below.  He's freaking great!



A less active family named Staleys! They are really nice and crazy.




Couple of pics of downtown Columbus. 




We got a found a Christmas tree in our closet. It truly is a Christmas
miracle. And it's like a foot tall. Awesome.




UNCLE RANDY Speaks Spanish?? Wow.



UNCLE RANDY IS IN A MORMON MESSAGE??? When did this happen??



Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment