Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weekly update # 20 - Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I wonder if anyone still reads these things. Haha!

20 weeks into the mission and there's no other way of celebrating than by Christmas Festivities. Though I won't be home throughout this celebration, I'm grateful for the fact that I have a very loving
family and wonderful friends that bombard me with gifts. Elder Liu has shown his appreciation by screaming every time we come home whenever there is a package in front of the door. The amount of 'oh my gosh's' I've heard this week is too many. Haha! He's very thankful for you all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. This time of the year is a perfect time for us to exemplify our Savior and all he has done for us. And that makes me think it's okay that I can give up a couple of
holidays to serving. Though it will be hard, it'll strengthen my testimony and set an example for the rest of my life.

Through my studies this morning, I found a cool scripture in the 37th chapter of Alma. It says:

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say
unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to
pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and
eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the
wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

That's definitely true, because he puts a lot of faith in me, a 19 year old, to carry the work in this area. It also builds my confidence knowing that He has put so much trust in me and the other missionaries
around the world. Talk about pressure.

We currently have a lot of people that are willing to hear and learn about the Gospel but can't hold on to their commitments. It's hard to teach people that are okay with not changing and just want to educate themselves. But I'm thankful to have already had a baptism so early so that I don't get discouraged in these type of situations.


1 Nephi 8:2 - ... Behold I have dreamed a dream; or, in other words, I have seen a vision.
#TreeofLife


The weather for the next 9 days... I didn't know I was serving in Seattle.





I can't forget my roots





I love you guys and I miss you all so much!


I pray that you all have a Christmas to remember!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment