Thursday, December 31, 2015

Weekly Update #21 resolutions, smellsolutions

He yo! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I know I did! I'm very grateful for the opportunity to Skype my family. It was so good to hear from all the Filipinos again and it was the highlight of my Christmas.

Elder Liu got to have his very first Christmas in the States. And the first Christmas he received so many gifts. Every time we found a package at the door step, he thought it was for me. Thank you all for surprising him and helping him have the "best Christmas ever. Oh my gosh. Your family spoils me."


want to share my thankfulness with you all as well. Thank you for all your letters, gifts, thoughts, prayers, and good vibes. I really did feel the Christmas Spirit this year and I had so much of it that I
had to share it with others. Elder Liu and I spent some time just simply sharing the Spirit of Christ with everyone and now we have a couple of new solid investigators that have said yes to baptism. I'll
keep you updated!

With New Years coming up, I've been thinking a lot about the mistakes that I can so easily conquer next year and the goals I want to push myself to be a better missionary. 

Here are some:

- Focus on the use of Scriptures more during lessons.
- Build my personal testimony as much as I can.
- Finish the Book of Mormon twice and the New Testament once. Next year will be the Old Testament.
- Get fit. Seriously.
- Eat less Chinese food (when Elder Liu is gone, of course...)
- Stick with my goals throughout the year. Every couple of months, do a self evaluation of these goals.

Goal setting is important as a missionary because it helps you be as effective as you can with the short time that you have. These are a couple of cool quotes that I have found that have inspired me through this next year.

“Don’t worry much about trying to be better than someone else,” my father said. “Learn from others, yes. But don’t just try to be better than they are. You have no control over that. Instead try, and try very hard, to be the best that you can be. That, you have control over.” - John Wooden (greatest college basketball coach). 

 "The only thing you need to worry about is striving to be the best you can be. And how do you do that? You keep your eye on the goals that matter most in life, and you move towards them step by step." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (Quorum of the Twelve a few years back).

Happy new year! Don't have too much fun partying!

Have a great week.

Elder G

Sent from my iPad


We found the sign. Pretty proud of it. 





Crystal Fischer (recently got baptized by the sisters) took us out to eat Christmas Eve. This place is called Late Night Slice, right in Downtown. 

Elder Liu's first time using a selfie stick. 



Ran into Elder Mortenson (left) and Elder Humphries (right). Mortenson was in Canal Winchester with me and Humphries was one of the Missionaries on the plane ride to Columbus with me. 


Missionary Christmas Devotional






Brother and Sister Casey had us over for a Christmas Eve dinner and it was awesome! They stuffed us good!


Some of the presents Elder Liu and I got. 

These monkeys are actually slingshots. If you pull their legs like a rubberband they stretch and fly about 50 feet in the air. And they're fun to shoot at each other. Haha!



Grandma Sheryl sent us cookies in airtight packages, along with sprinkles and red and green icing. We did it yesterday and it was freaking awesome. Look at my works of pure beauty. 










No comments:

Post a Comment