Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Weekly Email # 36 - The week after GC

Hey Everyone!


I will be in Mount Vernon at least until May 5th. I hope to stay longer though. These people are so great and awesome. I have said that in my past two areas though. Kinda scared I just jinxed myself again. Haha!

My comps name is Elder Blanchard. He's a cowboy from southern Idaho who only has a few months left on the mission. but he's a good kid.

Just a quick update, every Amish in this Ward loves BYU :) Go Cougars! Haha.

And also, Elder Pike who used to serve here in Columbus, is now on the BYU Volleyball team and he's basically famous over here. The Amish's favorite sport is volleyball so since they get BYUTv for General Conference, it's a win win and they can also watch them Mormon boys spike their opponents! Okay, enough of that soap box.

I hope you were able to enjoy General Conference and take a million pages of notes, and not fall asleep for a single session because that's the first time I have ever accomplished such a feat! Of course my favorite talk was Elder Holland's! But President Uchtdorf, Elder Stevenson, and Elder Christofferson has been moving up on the "Elder Galbraith Ladder". Even though that's not much of a ladder... I'm still grateful for inspired prophets and apostles who create unique messages for us to listen and apply in our own individual lives. You might have liked Elder Bednar's talk or Sister Oscarson's talk, (I'm going to be using that one with some less active's. Time to get bold.) but that's the great thing about this Semi-Annual gathering. It caters to what YOU need in YOUR life. As it says in the 2 Nephi 26:8

"But behold, the righteous that hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not, but look forward unto Christ with steadfastness for the signs which are given, notwithstanding all persecution--behold, they are they which shall not perish."

I hope and pray we can all do just that. Not just listen to them once and call it good but really think, ponder, and DO the things our beloved apostles have instructed us to do. Also, I give a shout out to President Monson. He continues to be the inspiring leader that we need in this Church. It strengthens my testimony to see him testify of that which he knows will benefit us.

I was able to watch General Conference at multiple Ward member's homes and I'm very grateful for them all. They've definitely helped me out A TON out here. Mount Vernon is definitely my favorite area so far and I consider it a home away from home.

Question for you all. What is your FAVORITE quote from General Conference? I'm interested to see. Mine would definitely have to be,

"My brothers and sisters, the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength--that’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength"

But wait, it gets better!!!!!!!

"He wants to bless us. A rewarding, abundant, and eternal life is the very object of His merciful plan for His children! It is a plan predicated on the truth “that all things work together for good to them that love God.” So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." - Elder Holland

See look! I even have a beautiful picture quote!




(I know, I know, I have Beiber Fever for Holland. He's just that good.)

I think I've made my point clear. Love you all. Thanks for everything you have done and continue to do. As I try to as much as I can in every weekly email, I love you and I thank you for your continuous support for me, a little missionary trying his best to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Elder Galbraith

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment