Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Weekly Email # 60 - Accept Salvation Already!

Hello, young and old!

I've realized that I don't share too many contacts that I have had
throughout the course of the mission so I am obligated to share this
experience. It's probably one of the more awkward contacts I've led
into.

We were trying to get back in contact with a couple that we hadn't had
a discussion with for about a week, Brian and Whitney. As we were
walking towards their home, we noticed someone cleaning out the trunk
of her car. We guessed it was Whitney but didn't know for sure because
we couldn't see her face. So we go over and as we get closer, I say,
"Hi Whitney!", thinking that if it is her, she would just respond
normally back and if it isn't her, she'd be confused and I'd know for
sure that it wasn't her and we could contact a new person. Well this
is what happens.

She says hi back. So I'm thinking, "Okay awesome, this is her. Let's
see if she can make it to church tomorrow and if she's read the Book
of Mormon or not." So I did! I asked those questions, while also
asking how Brian was doing, how the kids were feeling after their
sickness, and I keep asking her questions for a few minutes. Well
"Whitney" interrupts a question that I asked her and says, sorry I'm
not Whitney.

AWKWARD!

I was so convinced that was Whitney because she totally looked like
her and to make it worse, SHE WAS GOING ALONG WITH IT TOO! 

Meanwhile, Elder Hatch hasn't said one word and afterwards as we were heading
back to the car, he told me that he totally knew that wasn't her, but
he didn't know how to tell me without making me feel bad. WHAT KIND OF
EXCUSE IS THAT! Not only did he do that but after the awkwardness was
resolved, I began teaching her the importance of the Book of Mormon
and who we were. As conclude my part of the message, I look to Elder
Hatch to pick up where I left off and immediately he says, "You're
busy, so we will come back another time. When can we do that?" WHAT!
Hahaha so we only taught her two principles, and didn't give her any
commitments because Elder Hatch assumed she wasn't getting anything
out of this visit, yet she was completely focused on our message.

Haha so trust me, I've had some pretty interesting contacts but the
good news is that the lady that we were talking to (her name is
Shaunice) was open to learning and we at least got a return
appointment.

Man, it's been a long time since we've gotten someone to church. We
still can't seem to get anyone to accept that next part of their
Salvation. We've met some pretty promising people over the course of
these past couple months and yet, they lack in action and seeing the
end goal.

In these situations, it's easy to get discouraged and say okay, we
have done enough for today, let's try again tomorrow. But I'm grateful
for a Heavenly Father who promotes enduring to the end and will help
us if we diligently seek the elect that want to come closer to Him. My
testimony has been strengthened through trials such as this and I have
the faith that we will get someone to church eventually, no matter how
long it'll take or how hard it'll be.

I've been learning more and more about the Atonement this past week
and this picture quote has helped me out.







I know that He will help us through our trials, no matter how small or large they are. I don't have anymore pictures to share this week, so I'll send some more this coming week. Love you all. Have a great week!

Elder Galbraith

The Great OCM

Aug 2015 - Aug 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment