Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekly Email # 57 - No Longer A Young Missionary - #RIP

Hello, hello!

Well to start off with, we just got transfer news and it turns out that Elder Hatch and I will stay together for another 6 weeks in Zanesville! I'm excited to continue to grow in the area and in the companionship. However, with our District Leader going home tomorrow, and me being the 2nd oldest to him in the District, chances are I might become the next District Leader..... Woo.... Hoo.... Haha I'll be sure to let you all know next Monday.

This past week was awesome. During the whole week, we had 17 lessons total and only one of them ended up being cancelled. I haven't had that many lessons in a single week in a long long time. We've gained progress with our investigators and we've found some better ways of teaching, which is great. It was a rough start to this past transfer and now things are being accelerated and it gets us more and more motivated to do the work and to find those that NEED the Gospel.

So when this past Sunday came around, we were excited for all these return appointments... Well... We might have gotten a little too excited. Haha that's because these past few days, we've had 6 appointments and 5 of them cancelled. I think that's Heavenly Father telling us we need to remain a little more on the humble side. Will do :)

As I've been receiving fellow missionary friend's weekly emails and having conversations with them, I can't help but feel as if I am a small part in something that is so great happening all around the world. We are literally being "banner bearers" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord's missionary force keeps getting stronger and stronger and it is quite awesome to think about. Even when we aren't having that initial success and always seeing the fruits of our labors, my mind brings a picture in front of my eyes of God looking down on us and being so proud. A newly acquainted missionary friend shared this scripture with me as he departs home from his two years of service and it's very applicable.

"And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again."

"And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." (Alma 26: 29-30)

Well, I currently am recovering from a cold/fever/sore throat/stupidness so I am going to have to end this email pretty abruptly. Going to try and get some rest before we go back out and do some Teaching of Repentance and Baptizing of Converts.

Love you all. I really mean it. Thank you for your love and prayers. It's hard to feel alone when your friends and family are always wanting the best for you. And I hope to be the same way back.

Love,
Elder Galbraith




When you knock on a Less Actives door and you get more
 out of the door sign than you do the Less Active.
 (No joke, I think he said maybe 8 words...)


Zone Picture.
Everyone made sure that I heard everyone say "Short People In Front!"
 Insert  bitter emoji.





Funny Zone Picture.
When everyone does something funny and leaves you out of it.


What we will all be doing at the Second Coming.
#StatuesThatLookLikePeople













No comments:

Post a Comment