Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekly Email # 62 - "Bye Bye Bye" Teens

Hello, one and all!

You're reading this weekly email that was created from the newest 20 year old! I'm no longer a teenager. What? Like.... what? I feel like I was 19 for two days or something. Haha if there is one cliche saying that I 100% agree with, it'd be that time freaking flies. It's crazy to ponder and contemplate where I was a few years ago to the point that I am at now. I'm sure all of us have had those experiences and I know that the mission amplifies those feelings and emotions.

As I've continued this reflective process, I thought back about this past week and what we were able to do. I went on an exchange with my Zone Leader, Elder Bangerter, on Tuesday, which was one of the best exchanges EVER! The previous night, I felt inspired that the best opportunity to have success would be to park our car in our area and just walk around, going from potential to less active, and talking to as many people as we could in between these visits. As we went about our day we got to partake in marvelous blessings. At the end of the day, we had obtained 8 NEW INVESTIGATORS! EIGHT! That's the most I've ever gathered in the course of a single day. I was so elated, it was crazy!

The next day, I went to Cambridge, Ohio to go on ANOTHER exchange with Elder Anderson, my District Leader. There, we extended a baptismal date to a couple who are getting baptized in the beginning of November. It was also, another great day!

I returned back to Zanesville on Thursday and I saw that we had 8 return appointments from then until Saturday and I was really excited for all the potential that could be achieved during this weekend stretch. Would we finally be able to prepare someone to come to Church? Would one of the many of our investigators who said yes to baptism finally come worship with us on Sunday?

I want to say yes, but I know I'd be breaking a commandment. Only one of those 8 appointments ended up working out. That one lesson was with Tom and Tom is basically got him mind set on joining a Catholic Church but wanted to learn more and pray about the Book of Mormon. He also mentioned he would not be able to come to church. So yet, another week goes by that we don't have anyone come to Sacrament Meeting. I will continue to help people feel the Spirit of coming to Church. This down period of missionary work has helped me realize that God is preparing people. I believe that we STILL have quite a few people with a lot of Solid Potential if they would only act.

To help keep my mind focused on the work and not get discouraged, Elder Bangerter gave me a missionary talk from Elder Holland that I want to share for all the currently serving missionaries out there. You awesome people back at home can read it too and I know it'll resonate with those who have a missionary mindset right now.

Well, I am going to leave it at that. Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I will try to respond as quickly and as thoughtfully as I can. Know that every single one of them are appreciated and I can't thank any of you enough. You're examples are the reason why it was easy to say yes to serving a mission. It is the reason why when I struggle, I can go to your loving letters and emails, and to a caring Heavenly Father. The best birthday gift I can get right now is for someone to accept the Gospel and become drenched in the blessings of the Gospel, as I have been. That is my birthday wish and I will do everything in my power to obtain that.

Love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
Aug 2015 - Aug 2017

Pics!

1. Gotta have a Jesus pic. One of best I've seen.




2. Sister Shipley made us do cheesy faces. Elder Hatch and I preparing documents to be indexed in the coming years.




3. One of the awesome sunsets we've gotten! Ohio has the best clouds and sunsets.




4. Got em again!





5. Words of advice that I stole from Brother Stouts :)




6. Birthday Selfie!



No comments:

Post a Comment