Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Weekly Email # 80 - Noticing More Spiritual Stuff/Valentine's Day

Greetings!

Man this week, I've tried a little better to notice promptings, blessings, and any other positive things that happen under the direction of the Spirit. Sometimes, I have become complacent and literally go through the motions as we knock doors, see potentials, see members, etc. At times its hard to see the blessings in repetition and especially being out for a while. But hey, I noticed some awesome ones! Let me share a couple with you.

We went on ZL exchanges this past week on OSU campus again, which was a party! I was with Elder Bangerter, which is funny because we have gone on three different exchanges in three different areas! Haha he's a stud and it was a fun day of contacting as we got to talk to more college kids. A quick reflection involves us walking around The Shoe (for you non football watchers, that is the nickname for Buckeye Stadium.). I was feeling very nostalgic as I tried getting as many solid pictures of the stadium as I could. As I was doing so, we walked by a younger girl on her way to class and I felt my mind be directed towards her way. Okay, quick disclaimer, it was not because she was cute. Haha but it was the Spirit and I stopped what I was doing and said, "Hey! Could we give you a card about Jesus?" She kindly accepted a card and proceeded to talk to us about finding a church and her background in several religions. She accepted a church invitation and said that the Elders could meet up with her to give her a Book of Mormon since she was in a rush to class. That was a nice gem of the day!

Later as Elder Bangerter and I were going over the day, I felt gratitude for not only noticing the blessing of coming in contact who needed to hear our great message, but I was also humbled by the great leaders we have in this church. We have 80 year old prophets and apostles, loving bishops, leaders of auxiliaries, and so much more. But in this instance, I was grateful for awesome Zone Leaders that I think of as great friends, people that I can trust genuinely and whom that I can ask for advice. Its been a great blessing to see positive, focused and loving missionaries around me, and I aspire to be one myself.

Another experience I will relate to you was the awesome Plan of Salvation lesson we had with Jonathan this week. We've struggled to maintain contact and we weren't really sure what to teach him this time around as we finally got a return appointment. We go in, and sit with him at his dinner table. The first several minutes of the lesson, we were catching up on how things were going. Disclaimer, Jonathan is such a great guy, along with Kelly and his little daughter Riley. We talked about the importance of keeping commitments and asked him why he thinks we keep coming back by, and several other really deep questions. One of those questions, specifically, was how do you apply the Plan of Salvation in your own life?

Well Jonathan decided to twist it back towards us and he asked Elder Reynolds and I that question. "Man, that's a deep question. I mean, how do you guys see this plan in your life?" Well, lets just say I had no doubt of what experience I would share with him. I told him the story of my aunt Katrina and testified of knowing of the truthfulness of the Plan of Salvation. Its become more than just a plan though. Its a belief that my family and I will see her again. Jonathan was very surprised by that answer and you can tell he felt the Spirit. I'm grateful that the Spirit was able to show him the truth in the Plan and it has helped Jonathan continue to progress. Sadly, he did not make it to church, but I think he is slowly coming to understand the importance of being ground in Christ's Gospel. He'll come along.

That's it for me today. Thanks again for being awesome peeps! Life is good and the work is moving along. Another transfer has almost ended so I will be emailing next Wednesday instead of Monday so we'll talk more then! Have a fantastic week! ✌️✌️🤘

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"The best way to have the spirit of revelation is to listen to and study words spoken under the influence of the Holy Ghost. In other words, we obtain the Spirit by reading the scriptures or reading or listening to the talks of inspired leaders.
As we devote ourselves to the Lord’s work, we must be involved in the hard work we call preparation” - Dallin H Oaks

Pics!
1. ZL Exchanges with Elder McMullin, Elder Bangerter, Elder Reynolds and I



2. The Shoe!!!



3. Us at Sloopies, an OSU Campus delicacy.




4. We had a bonfire at Jonathan's to celebrate the 18 months! I also burned my slacks but can't send the video cuz its waaayy too long. Haha guess it'll have to wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment