Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 11 - The Aftermath of Turning 19!

Hey guys and gals!

Where do I begin? So much has happened this week and it'll interesting trying to cram it all into a single email. I'll think I'll branch it out over these next few weeks. One things for sure. The mission HAS NOT been boring.

Let's talk about turning 19 first! Thanks again for all the birthday wishes and gifts you all gave to me. It's so comforting to know I have people at home that care about me and what I'm doing here in Columbus,Ohio. You all push me to be better. To "wake up and do something more", to desire to inspire, to be the best representative of Jesus Christ I can be. I can't express enough thanksgiving for all your love and support.

And on the topic of birthdays, my mommas is this Saturday! Make sure you all tell her happy birthday for me, I wouldn't be the person I am today without my motherly companion. Love you mom, hopefully dad does something to embarrass you. I look forward to the pictures!

Because of the many emails I received, it'll take me a little while to respond to everyone but know that I try and email back more than just simple emails to everyone so it takes me a little longer. These
Filipino fingers can only move so fast :)

Hope you are all doing well back at home. Over here, things are starting to get a little chilly. Yesterday morning was the first time it was below freezing. I guess I better start preparing for the -30 degree weather then. With wind chill and all. Yippee.

These past couple of weeks there's been quite a bit of rain out here. And apparently, it's all gonna turn to snow in the up and coming weeks. We don't get much snow here compared to Utah, but I guess there is always a thin sheet of white every time you go outside. You'll definitely be getting pictures of this in the near future.

My companion hit his one year mark this week and we got to burn one of his white shirts. I'll send some pictures because it created quite the fire. I'm still getting used to all the crazy missionary traditions we have. My daed told me this before I left but I guess you burn a tie 6 months into your mission, 12 months you burn a white shirt, 18 months you burn a pair of slacks, and before you leave you burn your suit coat. I'm going to the D. I. getting a $10 suit for that one occasion.
I refuse to burn a $350 dollar suit.

We did this a couple days after my birthday. It's going to be so weird
when this happens to me.










19th birthday! Celebrated it with Buckeyes! It's pretty much just peanut butter and Rice Krispies inside a chocolate ball and it's DELICIOUS!


This is some of the Arnold family. They are very nice to us!



We just got back from my second Zone Activity and I'm blessed to be put with such a great group of missionaries. My district is so sweet too. I'm loving life out here!




Although my companion and I have had our differences, that's not gonna stop me from serving with
all my "heart, might, mind and strength". Love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment