Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekly Email # 9 - My conference experience

Merry Conference, everyone! I hope you all were able to get some spiritual insight from this weekend, I know I definitely did! Being a missionary, you look forward to these experiences because they help you be better and it helps when you are actually awake and not dreaming about dinner (cough *cough me last conference cough cough). I want to share a couple of insights I got.

First off, I want to salute President Monson. Through his trouble of getting and holding on to the podium, he did it confidently and proudly, and most importantly, with his great big smile that we all have come to know and love. President Daines, my mission president, had some interesting thoughts on this topic. 

     "Watching President Monson struggle to deliver his message and being helped to his seat I was reminded of the account of Moses, when he needed sustaining help from some of his brethren.

“But Moses’ hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put itunder him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.”

(Exodus 17:12)

I also thought that if President Monson can give all his strength to this work, what is stopping me?  What is stopping you?  Are we giving our all?  President Monson has devoted his life for over 50 years as an Apostle, can we not sustain our effort for these few short months that we have been called to serve?"

He really puts it into perspective.

I want to know what your favorite talk was. I'm thinking mine will fit the popular opinion, but Elder Hollands talk really resonated with me. Elder Holland has been my favorite apostle for a while now and it seems like every sermon he gives has personal significance in my life.

Going along with his talk, every mother deserves her moment in the spotlight, especially my mom. She put up with a lot of my nonsense and I love her to death because of it. Elder Holland really made me look at myself and inspired me to be a better son to my mom. She's been in my corner cheering me on and pushed me to be the best missionary and best child of God I can be. I can't wait to give her the best hug when I come back from Columbus, but for now, I'm gonna make her proud by giving the best service I could ever give.

Let me know how your conference went! I'm grateful that we have the blessing of listening to our beloved apostles and prophet twice a year. I'm already counting down the days to next April. You all have a wonderful week!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment