Thursday, November 24, 2016

Weekly Email # 68 - Happy Thanksgiving # 2

Happy Thanksgiving! Again! Another Holiday season out in the mission and its been just a solid week. We have Thanksgiving plans with members and I'm super excited for it all! And we've met a couple of solid people!

Jonathan is one of them. We tracked into him at the beginning of the week and taught him the Restoration. We talked more about what missionaries do, why we do this and we were able to testify the truthfulness of it all. He is actually a DJ in the Columbus area! He's very friendly, honest and open to listening and acting on our message. We visited him three times this week, and the last time was yesterday. There we helped him put together a newly purchased book shelf and we talked about the assignments we gave him. Some cool things he said was, "If you get me hooked, you'll get my wife hooked for sure!" Haha and the other was right after we invited him and his family to come worship with us. He said, "Bro. I just checked my schedule and next Sunday, there is NOTHING going on....... THAT DOES'NT JUST HAPPEN! BRO, YOU GUYS MUST BE JESUS PEOPLE!" Haha Jonathan is great :)

We had a warm week as it stayed in the 50's and 60's up until Friday when it hit 75! It was awesome! And then Saturday and Sunday came and we haven't seen anything higher than 29 degrees. Haha its going to be a cold winter. Everyone here says we had a mild winter last year and that we should expect to have a freaking freezing one in the coming months. Time to pull out the winter gear again!

We had Zone Conference this past Thursday which was a Spiritual Feast! Meetings always are like that, in my opinion, but one of the key things we talked about was the Christmas Initiative the Church is doing this year.

November 25th, the Church will release their Christmas video, entitled, "#LightTheWorld". The video has become one of my favorites (we got a sneak peek :) ) and we will be using it every day in our proselyting efforts. Be sure to look on https://www.mormon.org/christmas/teaser to find out more.

 I'll talk more about it in my next email because we will get more details on it soon. Please take the chance to be apart of this special Holiday Season and #LightTheWorld with your own light.

I'm thankful to be a missionary at this time. Being a missionary amplifies my feelings of gratitude because of all the things I took for granted back at home. I hope during this Holiday Season that we can not only say we are grateful for this, that and the other, but that we will show and be grateful for the Lord's bounteous blessings for us all. I know He lives and that we are members in His Church, using His Priesthood authority to "go about doing good". We should be thankful for His Atonement, for His sacrifice for us. Thank you everyone for all you do for me.

Again, have a Happy and Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"If not for you, who? If not now, when? If not here, where?"

Pictures and Video!

1. The Biking Life.



2. Selfie with a group of Elders taking a break during Zone Conference.




3. Met up with Elder Liu, my former companion! A picture of some of his companions (I better be his favorite.) In order, Elder Hildebrand, Elder Liu, Me, Elder Anfinson (he's never been Elder Liu's companion.... Elder Liu just wanted him in the picture :) ) and Elder Ball.




4. The new District! Elder Bagley, Elder Miller, Elder Young, Elder Parkinson, Me, Elder Monson, Elder Dover, Elder Hildebrand, Sister Asay, Sister McClellan




5. The Primary from my Ward back at home sent me a gift! Thank you so much! There were like 20 mini letters, they are awesome! You guys are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment