Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Weekly Email # 65 - Zone Conference + Halloween + Good Things To Come

C Cr Crazy week this week! I'll have to do a quick day by day analysis and give you the rest next week!

Monday - We had Zone Activity! The Zone Lords (I don't call them that in person. Its one of those things you can over exaggerate.) organized a scavenger hunt for the whole zone to participate in. And we won. Cuz our pictures were just that great. Don't believe me? I'll show you.

Tuesday - We contacted a bunch of our investigators. Most appointments went well and got return appointments for the rest of the week.

Wednesday - District Meeting. It was actually one of the better ones I've participated in as we talked about each investigators concerns and how to address them.

Thursday - A total BOMB exchange with my former companion, Elder Isom, my now current Zone Leader. We were driving all throughout my area which stretches a whole area from one side to the other. We had an awesome experience with a less active which I will mention on Sunday.

Friday - Weekly Planning. Ugh. Haha I'm slowly but surely getting better at weekly planning. I'm sure Elder McCray thinks I'm the worst at it but we got through it and later, we provided service for some members and investigators.

Saturday - More contacting. Then. TRUNK-OR-TREAT later that night! The Sisters dressed up as Elders and the whole time, members were wondering why we didn't dress up as sisters.  I happily explained that my pride wouldn't allow me to do such a thing.

Sunday - Get to church. Bishop begins Sacrament meeting (again, no investigators at church. Bummer. But. That will change.) and as he begins, he says, "As you can tell, we have no speakers today. *Gestures towards the five empty seats on the podium*  Now this is what we are going to do. Let's get to know our missionaries and have them share their testimonies.  And we will also have the PRIVILEGE to hear from the leadership of our ward. I will ask every Auxiliary President to share what is going on in their separate quorums and also their testimonies. Elder Galbraith, will you start us off?"

Bam. Talk about laying down the anxiety, Bishop! Surprisingly this was only the 5th or 6th time this has happened to me, but nonetheless, I did bear my testimony and it was actually pretty good!

Also, when the Relief Society President went up to share her testimony, she shared the experience of me and Elder Isom, on our exchange, contacting that less active. She had not gotten in contact with this less active woman for over 20 YEARS and after dinner on Thursday, we were able to do so and the Relief Society President bore a powerful testimony on home teaching and visiting teaching. It was stupendous!

Gotta get running but I can't forget pics! Love you all! Still replying back to all of you.. haha be patient with me, please :)

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"The most effective missionaries always act out of love" -Elder Dallin H Oaks

Zone Activity Pictures!

Pictures! I'll include a short description of each picture and the requirement.

1. Your district must take a picture with a wildlife animal


2. Re-create the First Vision. Elder McCray modeling and who took the picture? Yours truly.



3. Elder Anfinson and I photo bombing at it's prime.



4. My fav picture. Do your best High School Musical picture!



5. A photo of the Zone. One of the best zones I've been in.


6. Hulk SMASH.



Halloween Pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment