Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekly Email # 99 - The Last One. Let's Kill It In Athens.

Hello!

Well, since last Thursday, things have changed! I guess thats what happens when you get five week shafted, but here's some info for you! I will be in my 3rd area in the Columbus South Stake and it is called Athens! Technically, we are in a smaller town nearby named The Plains (Yep, that's the name.) and its quite the alteration of Reynoldsburg. I'm back in hick town! Haha red neck Ohioans are some fun people to talk to. Its at the bottom right corner of Ohio and borders West Virginia!

We taught a lesson to an older man named Don who is the husband of his member wife. He's been taught by missionaries for a while now and recently told Elder Anderson, my new companion, that he knows he needs to be baptized! So we are going to continue working with him. We have others scattered around the hilly roads of southern Ohio that are coming along too!

Elder Anderson will be my final companion! He's from Logan, Utah and is one of the oldest in the mission, age wise and mission age wise. Haha he's been out 20 ish months and is a cool guy! He was actually my District Leader back when I was in Zanesville almost a year ago, so I know what this guy is like. I've never had a companion crack so many jokes in my life .hahaha its going to be a great 7 weeks!

Yesterday, we took an hour and a half drive back over to Reynoldsburg to perform a missionary fireside for the Stake! Its most likely going to be my last fireside and definitely President and Sister Daines last one! It was definitely a sad moment to stand next to President Daines while singing the hymn, "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again". It was a great program and it was fun to see some people from a Ward that I served five weeks in. I also got to see my old junior high coach back in Provo! All you Provo peeps absolutely should remember Coach Hendrickson from Dixon. It was so cool to see him, his daughter served a mission in Columbus and they were touring the mission at the exact same time I'd be at the fireside. Crazy!

Here is my new address for those that remember I'm still out in Ohio :)

Love you all! Have a super dope week!

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"Work is the miracle by which talent is brought to the surface and dreams become reality." - President Hinckley

Pics
1. Saying Goodbye to Shaqualia, a soon to be future member of The Church! I'll never get used to goodbyes.


2. Elder Anderson and I enjoying p-day.


3. Elder Cooley surprising me at transfers by taking a selfie! Haha he's a stud, glad he gets to join the Plane Crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment