Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Email # 102 - Measure Progress Differently

Hey!

It's been a fun past several days in Athens! Here's the deets!

We have been working with an older couple, the Packs. Specifically, Don the husband who is a non member. His wife has been a less active member most of her live. He's really cool and has been off and on investigating the church for over 25 YEARS! There's been times where's he's been super close to getting baptized and then other times where he doesn't want missionaries stopping by. Recently, these past couple weeks we have seen more progression from him, which is exciting! We're doing service for him with the other Elders later this week.

Other than him, we've been clearing out the area book and finding new people as well. The hicks of Athens are the majority of people that we talk to.

We also had interviews with President and Sister Stratford this week and they were amazing! Best interviews I've ever had, it was great! Sister Stratford wanted to get to know all the missionaries and their families, and as I was telling her about my love for sports, this is how the conversation went ->

Sister Stratford - "Wait. You like basketball. Are you a Jazz fan?"
Me - Yeah! I love the Jazz! My family goes to their games once every year or so."
Sister Stratford - "We are DIE HARD Jazz fans. Did you hear about Gordon Hayward going to Boston?? He's such a dirty bugger!!"
Me - "Hahaha I know right??"
Sister Stratford - "Haha I am still coming to grips with that. Like, how can you leave after being here so long???"

😂😂🤣🤣😭😭

I was laughing so hard! And my interview with President Stratford was even better. The mission is in good hands with them!

Should be a fun week this week! We got ZL exchanges and a bunch of service planned so that we can get some new investigators. It'll be great!

Talk to you all later! Thanks for your emails and everything else. I'm grateful for such great people in my life. Keep being awesome!

Elder G

Pics!

1. How we park in the Great OCM. Hahaha the senior couple even got involved! 😂😂



2. Basketball with these yahoo's! My most active p-day in a LONG time. Hahaha w/ Elder Cox, Elder Rausch, Me, Elder Anderson who didn't want to be in the pic. #Shame



No comments:

Post a Comment