Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Email # 103 - Remember. Be The Best You Can.

Hey!

Things have been going well. An interesting observation I have made. Even with my time coming to an end soon, it seems like the missionaries that are around me are more trunky than me. Haha I'm going to definitely miss the missionary culture 😂🤣

These past events have been good! We found a few more people to teach. We also have been trying to put a good focus on our ward to be able to help them not only with missionary efforts but strengthening our own personal testimonies first. I have forgotten so many times that if I want someone to see the blessings of the Gospel, they need to do the SIMPLE things to experience joys of this work. It makes me evaluate myself. Speaking of evaluating myself...

MyPlan is going great too. Its a very simple 6 step program the church has put in place for missionaries. I was skeptical at first as to how much it would actually help me. But its prompted me to look back through my missionary experiences so that I can be ready for the rest of my life. The leaders of the church really do care about us, members and missionaries alike.

Senior couples have been a great blessing to me out here. This mission is packed full of senior couples, 9 of them if I remember correctly! The Thompsons, a senior couple in the nearby Lancaster Ward, have been especially awesome. They come to our district meeting with the Sisters and contribute greatly to our meeting and the work. And to make it even more of a bonus, Sister Thompson has helped mend my tearing apart missionary apparel, another act of kindness I am grateful for. That's proof right there that anyone can be a missionary.

Love you all! Thanks for your emails, they are always awesome and make me laugh all the freaking time. Haha have an awesome last week of July!

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"I have discovered that life is not a series of great heroic acts. Life at its best is a matter of consistent goodness and decency, doing without fanfare that which needed to be done when it needed to be done. I have observed that it is not the geniuses that make the difference in this world. I have observed that the work of the world is done largely by men and women of ordinary talent who have worked in an extraordinary manner." - President Hinckley

Pics and Vid!


1, 2, and 3. After painting a deck, us chilling for a few minutes with the other Elders.






4. Us rocking out to EFY. Cuz why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment