Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Weekly Email # 25

Week number 25. Whoh.

Another super duper busy week. A lot of meetings, interviews,
trainings, and more! Man, I'm spiritually pooped. I've been looking
forward to this P-day all week. Let's talk.

First, lets talk about the Worldwide Missionary training we had this
past Wednesday. Since  President Daines has to get permission from the
Area Authorities to have to whole mission come together for an
particular occasion, it doesn't happen too often. But we were able to
do just that because of this worldwide training that was put on by the
Missionary Department of the Church, which includes, Elder Oaks as the
Chairman, Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson, and more of that council. They
had it broadcast-ed to 75,000 missionaries around the world, and it was the
first broadcast they had done for such an event for more than a
decade. Let's just say I stayed awake the whole time.

Surprisingly, there was no new significant announcements or new
doctrine, but they all taught the very basics of the Gospel. And it
make me think of how freaking awesome this Gospel truly is. It can be
taught to ANYONE, and you don't need to be smart or sophisticated or
educated to share it with everyone. It was an awesome training.

The next day, we got trained AGAIN, this time by Sister Daines, while
President Daines administered tri-monthly interviews with everyone.
When the opportunity came around for me to have my interview with him,
I was confident but scared at the same time. I had no clue what we
were going to talk about, even though I have already had one occasion
to have a one-on-one conversation with him. President Daines is very
loving and very sincere. I was bold and straightforward with him,
expressing every thought I could in the span of 10 or so minutes.

He was able to answer every question, concern, and need I had. The
Spirit testified to me how inspired of a man President is. I'm very
grateful for his stewardship and his love for me all the other 200
plus missionaries in this part of the Lords vineyard.

On another awesome note, WE GOT TWO PEOPLE ON DATE (baptismal date)
AND ONE PERSON TO CHURCH yesterday! Well... Technically one on date
now... Let me explain.

Her name is Marsha. Very sweet 50 year old woman. She requested a free
Bible from us a few weeks ago and she started taking the missionary
discussions. To Elder Liu and I's satisfaction, she accepted the 27th
as her baptismal date this past Saturday. The three of us were excited
for the next day, when she would be able to come to Church and take
the Sacrament for the first time. We had arranged for a member to pick
her up and all she had to do was call that member and confirm the time
for that member to come to her house. The good news. Marsha called the
member. Bad news. Marsha told the member next week.

The member reported that to us at Sacrament meeting and we were
disappointed. So we tended and cared for the investigator that we did
get to Church. (his name is Greg, I'll talk about him next week. I
need more time for him. Haha) Right after Church had finished, Elder
Liu and I drove to Marsha's house, so that we could "act DEVASTATED"
that she didn't come to Church, as it says in Preach My Gospel. It
turns out we didn't even need to act devastated.

We knocked and she opened the door after a couple minutes of us
waiting. She walked out with her Book of Mormon, Restoration pamphlet,
and Plan of Salvation pamphlet in hand, and handed them all to Elder
Liu. Shocked, Elder Liu stared at them and then looked at her. She
said, "God answered me and told me to look on the Internet about
Mormons. And I'm sorry but I do not want to join a cult. Thank you.
Have a nice day." She started walking inside and Elder Liu got TICKED.
Like Chinese ticked. Trust me, it was a sight to see.

He said, "So you trust something you saw in the INTERNET?" Marsha,
taken a little back, said that the symbols on your "Mormon temples"
remind her of the Illuminati. She went on saying, "Again, sorry but I
just don't want to join cult." Elder Liu wouldn't say anything, like
NOT EVEN A WORD because was that taken aback and that hurt. So I took
the initiative and as strongly as I could told her that the
information she looked up was false and I testified of the
truthfulness of this Gospel. She kindly said no to any future visits
and closed the door on us.

Talk about a roller coaster type of a Sunday. But all in all, it's
been such a testimony building experience. I'm grateful for adversity,
such as this situation with Marsha, because I was able to see how much
stronger my testimony is becoming. Though not everyone will agree and
accept our message, I KNOW it's true and I testify of it 24/7. Being a
missionary is awesome. Elder Galbraith welcomes any future rejection,
because it WILL come. I say this to Satan. Come at me Bro.

Love you guys!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad


Elder Eason, Me, Elder Anfinson (District Leader), Elder Liu


Last District picture before Transfers. 
Elder Anfinson, Elder Liu, Me, Elder Eason, Sister Hill, 
Sister Farmer (she goes home this transfer. Feb 4.), Sister Blaser, Sister Hopkins

Anyone recognize this guy? I know the Brockbanks will! 
It was nice to catch up with Elder Stephens 
at the Worldwide Missionary Training. #futurecomps

Reunion with my dad! Again, at the Missionary Worldwide Training. 
He ran up to me and immediately starting taking pictures with
 his iPad, hence the "deer in the headlights" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment