Thursday, June 2, 2016

Weekly Email # 43 - #PositiveAttitude

Hey everyone!

Sweet quote of the day.

"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." - Jeffery R Holland.

It's starting to get hot again! Nothing like mid 80's with 85% humidity. Time to pull out the short sleeve shirts. Later today, we will be bailing hay for a member so he can get his farm set up for the summer. Ready or not, here comes tanning season!

When I first came out, my uncle sent me a talk titled, "Beware of Pride " by Ezra Taft Benson. After analyzing this talk for the third time now (because it is that amazing and awesome).

I stumbled across Elder Holland's talk, "Pride and the Priesthood". I've never seen two talks go hand in hand as they do with these two.

In Preach My Gospel, it says that, "The opposite of humility is pride, which is condemned in the scriptures. To be prideful means to put greater trust in oneself than in God or in His servants".
I've personally been trying to apply this as much as I can so I can focus on the work and not have to worry about the little things.

This weeks been another hard one, but quite a few lessons have been sent from heaven to me. For me to learn, the first thing that I need is humility. Otherwise, I'm going to get offended by what someone is trying to teach me. And I've also learned that that's how the investigators feel sometimes.

My goal this week is to be more Christlike. I need to focus on the good in people instead of the things that make them human.

Short email this week so I'll send pictures.

Love you all!

Elder G

Sent from my iPad





Me and Elder Blanchard at a cover bridge.

Some buggies that Brother Weaver used back in his Amish days.
He takes them out every now and then.

Brother Weavers furniture shop. Oh. And a big chair that he made.



No comments:

Post a Comment