Monday, May 29, 2017

Weekly Email # 95 - Memorial Weekend

Well, I did tell you that I would email more this week.. but.. I'll have to postpone a longer email another week. Haha

Some of the many memories this week that were made were continuing to work in what several members have told me is, "The most dangerous city in Columbus." Don't worry mom, I haven't gotten mugged or beaten up yet. The missionary reputation around here has actually kept us pretty safe, but its always interesting to see the gangs and the different groups come out towards the latter part of the day.

During church this Sunday, I got to meet President Stamas, who is the father of my soon to be cousin in law! (I'm not sure if that's correct terminology.... but lets go with it :) ) His daughter is marrying my cousin, Matt! Absolutely crazy! I introduced myself to him after Sacrament Meeting and it was one of the funniest exchanges ever! Haha he sounded excited to go down to Utah this weekend for the wedding! Don't worry Matt, I will be the best man in your heart!

We also got to teach Gospel Principles this week and loads of other lessons to several different people. Life is good! No one with a definite baptismal date yet, but the weeks look promising.

Again, sorry, wish this could be longer. I have LOADS more to tell you. Love you ALL! Have a great week!

Elder Galbraith
The Great OCM
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius


Pics!

1. The Zoo!!




2. Can you tell how bored I am?




3. Elder Humphries had his birthday last week! Chocolate Costco muffins for the win!



4. Funny District Pic




5. The new District! Elder Chavez, Elder Pantuso, Me, Elder Humphries, Sister Steinagel, Sister Burr




6. The end is the best! It was so crazy! They got up near the glass!





7. That couple, tho!



8. This is an older non member couple that we did service for this week! They were so nice and sincere, but did not have any interest in the Gospel. It was still a neat experience.






9. One of the many fish tanks in the zoo.





No comments:

Post a Comment